With the legendary Grand Old Opry and so much history in the music industry, Nashville is “Music City”. The Tennessee capital has a combined metro population of nearly two million, and a lot more to offer - but the city’s reputation as a hub for songsters endures.
If you’re interested in Nashville real estate, you may be one of those millions of roving musicians who has come to call the city home over the decades – or you may want to live in a laid-back southern destination with access to both the eastern seaboard (Atlanta is only several hours away) and the open skies of the Midwest. There’s a lot to love about the Nashville housing market – here’s how to capitalize on a sound Nashville real estate strategy.
Pair the advice below with the best real estate software on the market, and you'll be in good shape to profit from your ventures:
Best Nashville Real Estate Brokerage Firms
Fine tune your Nashville real estate approach with brokerage firms that know how to get deals done around the local area.
- Colliers International
- Avison Young
- Cushman and Wakefield
- CBRE Inc.
Best Nashville Real Estate Investing Clubs - REIAs
Work with these Nashville real estate investment clubs to find good information on real estate properties and more to get your buying strategy into top gear.
- Chattanooga REIA
- Knoxville REIA
- Real Estate Investors of Nashville
- Tennessee Real Estate Investors Association
Best Nashville Real Estate Investing Meetups
Try real estate meetups in Nashville to figure out more about what’s going on with local real estate – get networking opportunities and understand what others are doing in the city, with convenient meetings that will boost your planning capacity.
- Tennessee Real Estate Investors Meetup
- REI of Nashville Meetup
- BiggerPockets Nashville Investor Meetup
- Nashville REI Meetup Group
Investor-Friendly Title Companies
These title companies in Nashville have a reputation for excellence and good relationships with investors. Try any of these firms for important title work.
- Priority Escrow Services Inc.
- Advantage Title and Escrow
- Rudy Title and Escrow
- Wagon Wheel Title and Escrow
Hard Money Lenders
For fast service with hard money, check out some of these top lending firms around the Nashville area.
Traditional Lenders for Nashville REI
Some of these traditional money lenders in the state of Tennessee work on a range of types of real estate deals that fall into the “normal” category. Look at this mix of lenders to find one that’s right for you.
- Heritage Bank
- Integrity Financial Group
- J & L Holdings
- Mortgage Investors’ Group
- Amerimax Capital
- Caliber Home Loans
Wholesalers for real estate investors focusing on properties in the Nashville area can help to expand a real estate play, with the ability to do different kinds of deals and take on a larger volume of properties.
If you need the best construction materials and supplies for home rehabs around the Nashville area, these rehab suppliers who have years of experience can help you get stocked up.
Nashville Real Estate Market Status
In Nashville, the average value of a home is $259,300. In the past year, residents have witnessed over 9.3% growth in home values. According to Zillow, the home values will rise up to 7.8% by next year. The average list price in Nashville is $192 per sq. ft. Currently, the average home price which is sold is $255,700. The average rent price is $1,675.
Factors Affecting the Nashville Real Estate Market
Foreclosures are one of the major factors which may affect home values in Nashville in the near future. RealtyTrac has recently estimated that 135 properties in Nashville are in some stage of foreclosure, with foreclosure rates dropping significantly from August into September.
Another factor in Nashville real estate is the draw to Nashville as a top destination for those moving out of their state of residence – although homes may stay on the market longer if they are priced high, agents in Nashville are seeing vibrant buyer activity and that is contributing to a seller’s market, as well as individual buying opportunities.
Hottest Real Estate Investment Cities in Nashville
- Hope Gardens
- Green Hills
- Belle Meade
- Bruton Snuff
- Watkins Park
Economy (according to BLS)
- GDP – $109 billion
- Per capita income – $31,893
- Median household income – $66,846
Top Real Estate Schools to Get Licensed
Famous Historical Homes in Minnesota
- Buchanan Log House – This charming old building was built in 1807 and is run by the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities
- Belle Meade Plantation – this revival-style plantation property dates back to the 1840s.
- Riverwood Mansion – this historic Nashville landmark hosts events and contributes a lot to the local neighborhood.
Fun facts about Minnesota
- Founded on Christmas Eve in 1779, Nashville has a vibrant tradition of celebrating the winter holidays, including ice skating and drive-through lights shows.
- A unique replica of the Greek Parthenon sits in Nashville’s Centennial Park neighborhood
- Nashville’s Belle Meade Plantation was home to a number of notable race horses including Iroquois, the first American horse to win the English Derby in 1881, as well as popular favorites Seabiscuit and Secretariat
- A pioneer in radio, Nashville got the first FM band broadcasting license in the country in 1941.
- If you visit, you have try GooGoos, a special sweet treat beloved by Nashville residents and said to be named after the Grand Old Opry.
- Nashville’s music row was the setting for the recording of over 200 Elvis Presley songs – as well as millions more from a variety of lesser-known acts!
To learn more about how to conquer the Nashville real estate market, get Privy into your arsenal of research tools and enjoy a critical leg up on the competition. Learn more about our innovative real estate platform here.