After the American Civil War, as Atlanta citizens rebuilt their city, the population was just under 10,000 – Today, Atlanta, with a vibrant cultural heritage as the hub of the state of Georgia and the host of the 1996 Olympic Games, has a total metro population of over five million people!
Atlanta, originally a Native American settlement, links the Georgia post city of Savannah to the greater Midwest, and it has become a center of urban activity on par with the largest and most quickly growing cities in the region.
Real estate in key Atlanta neighborhoods continues to increase in value, and hot markets erupt as young professionals and others move in to build a future in this Georgia metropolis.
Pair the advice below with the best real estate software on the market, and you'll be in good shape to profit from your ventures:
Top Atlanta Real Estate Brokerage Firms
Think about using one of these top Atlanta real estate brokers to help you put out your stake in this real estate market:
- Metro Atlanta Real Estate
- Atlanta Communities Real Estate Brokerage LLC
- CBRE Group
- Colliers International
Best Atlanta Real Estate Investing Clubs - REIAs
These Atlanta real estate clubs can be a good source for the scoop on the ATL market.
- Atlanta Real Estate Investors Alliance
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association
- North Georgia REIA
- North Metro Real Estate Investors Association
Atlanta Real Estate Meetups
Get connected to the real estate market in Atlanta with meetups centered on the local real estate market – rub shoulders with other investors and brainstorm your entrance into this unique market.
- Real Estate Investors of Atlanta Meetup
- Atlanta Wholesaling Real Estate Meetup
- Real Estate Investors and Entrepreneurs of Georgia Meetup
- Atlanta area Real Estate Wealth Investor Network
Best Atlanta Title Companies
Titles companies are important in any real estate deal. Here are some of the top title companies in Atlanta that help their clients to get real estate deals done with timely, accurate title service.
- Southeastern Land Title Co. Ltd.
- Southeast Title Corp.
- Georgia Title and Escrow Co.
- Greater Atlanta Title
- Community Land Title
Hard Money Lenders
When you need a particular kind of real estate loan, find hard money from some of the renowned companies in Atlanta, GA.
- Angel Oak Prime Bridge
- Atlanta Private Lending
- Lone Palm Lending
- RBP LLC
- Southeast Lending LLC
Working with these Atlanta, GA lenders can help you to make your real estate investments pay off.
- Assurance Financial
- Post Creek Mortgage
- Homestar Financial Atlanta
- American Home Mortgage
- Supreme Lending
Wholesale Real Estate Investors
Look for Atlanta real estate wholesalers that understand what you’re trying to do in the ATL market.
Atlanta Rehab Suppliers
Check out these places to get rehab building supplies in the Atlanta area.
Atlanta Real Estate Market Status
In Atlanta, home prices have gone up an amazing 14.3% over the past year according to Zillow – and that growth is supposed to continue over the next year at 8.3%! Current average list price in the city of Atlanta is $235 per square foot – for the metro area, that figure changes to $125 per square foot. Average rent is $1,725 per month and the average median sales price is $228,300.
Factors Affecting the Atlanta Real Estate Market
Experts are contending that gains in population and jobs are a major factor in the Atlanta, Georgia real estate market. Some key urban areas including Atlanta are experiencing an influx of population, and that’s creating demand in the housing market, pushing values up and increasing activity.
- Midtown ATL
- Old Fourth Ward
- West End
- East Point
- Mountain Park
- Sugar Hill
Atlanta Economic Stats:
- GDP: $385 billion
- Per capita income $32,055
- Median household income: $53,843
Top Atlanta Real Estate Schools – Getting Licensed
- Georgia MLS Training Institute – with a combination of classroom and online resources, this is a popular stop for investors looking to get credentialed in the real estate process.
- Metro Brokers Academy – This Atlanta GA real estate school gets high marks for its diverse curriculum and career tools.
- Atlanta Real Estate Academy – Get pre-license education, continuing education and more from a trusted name in ATL real estate.
Edward C. Peters House – this historical landmark dates back to the middle of the nineteenth century when railroad tycoon Edward C. Peters came to town. The National Park Service calls the property “the best and earliest surviving example of residential architecture from Atlanta’s post-Civil War era.”
Herndon Home – There’s an inspiring tale behind this Atlanta home – the original owner, a freed slave, became the most prolific African-American property owner in the city, and then went on to found his own insurance company. A must-see for a historical itinerary.
P. Grant Mansion – known for its Italianate design, this house is a beauty. The original owner also gave 100 acres of land to the city for parkland.
Fun Facts About Atlanta
- Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the busiest airport in the world – so if you fly, make sure to have your ticket in hand!
- The city of Atlanta also has the largest drive-in restaurant, the Varsity, which serves more Coca-Cola by volume than anywhere else in the country
- “Peachtree” street appears 50 times (for 50 different streets) in the map of the greater ATL area.
- CNN headquarters is in Atlanta, as is Jimmy Carter’s Carter Center and Presidential Library.
- Atlanta’s Grant Park Zoo houses more gorillas and orangutans than any other zoo nationwide.
- The city’s Peachtree Road Race, held every July 4, is billed as the largest 10K race in the entire world.
To learn more about how to conquer the Atlanta real estate market, you need a software sidekick that gives you every possible piece of powerful market data. Learn more about our innovative real estate platform here, or download the free REI comparison guide below: